Monday, December 3, 2012

you know you are a college kid when....

Being a college kid has its ups and downs. Mostly ups. Being a college kid is a different lifestyle than being a regular person. If you are a college kid reading this, you will probably burst out with laughter and laugh so hard that you cry, because all of this is so incredibly true. If you are not a college kid, I pity you and am jealous of you all at the same time. I hope this list helps you understand my life and experiences of being a college student over the past four years.
You know you're a college kid when.......


1. You think 'getting up early' is anytime before noon.

2. Getting to bed 'early' is anytime before 3:00am.

3. Dressing up for class is wearing sweatpants and a tshirt. 

4. Having a homework party in the lobby with your friends consist of watching christmas movies, eating chocolate, playing mario cart, and ordering pizza. Resulting in a one page essay that took you over 7 hours to complete.

5. 'Finals week' feels like 'finals month'. 

6. You will pay any amount of money to have pizza delivered to Art Department at 2:00am

7. Going to the library is a social event.

8. Hitchhiking across America sounds like an 'educational experience' (or at least that's what I tell my mother). 

9. You can't remember the last time you washed your car. 

10. The standard number of meals you eat per day is two, sometimes just one. 

11. It takes preparation....and three people...to take out the garbage.

12. You skip a class to write a paper or work on a project for another class.

13. Anything (and I really mean anything) can be cooked in a microwave.

14. The biggest workout you've done this semester has been taking the stairs during a fire alarm.      



And you just might become so lazy that you do this.....

   I actually did this the other day. I wasn't feeling good so I laid down. It was becoming difficult to read so I leaned my computer the same way as me so I could read easier. After a few minutes, my friend looked over at me and said "What are you doing?! Are you okay?!" I calmly replied in monotone "yeah I'm just reading my emails." They got a pretty good kick out of it. 
Then I saw this photo on pinterest and was like heyyy its me!! :)  

Welcome to the college life of bethany. Peace out. 

1 comment:

  1. haha! i'm not a college student but i totally get #1, 2, 10, 11, 13, and 14. Guess that's what happens when your husband leaves you in a house alone with no one left to impress with my amazing (and completely nonexistent) wife skills!

    ReplyDelete