Thanksgiving is an amazing holiday. It's a time to sit back, put your life on hold for a few minutes, and look around at all your blessings. Here are a few things that I am especially thankful for this year.....
1. Living in one of the richest and fattest nations...also known as America. Here we have freedoms, liberty, rights, and almost everything else.
2. Having a home in Indiana where I am always welcomed back by my parents, siblings, and family. And I'm allowed to bring a mob of hooligan college kids with me. :)
3. Having the most generous, understanding, and supportive parents a kid like me could ever want. You just don't understand how difficult it is to put up with me...and my parents have been troopers.
4. Having brothers that protect me and make me feel like a princess. They give me a shoulder to cry on, a hug that heals all problems, and they let me borrow their cars and sweatshirts.
5. Having my loyal Indiana friends that will run up and give me hugs when I haven't seen them in weeks....or months. And the select few that will sacrifice a weekend of their time to come visit me!
6. A church that has brought me closer in my relationship with God, and church family that is so faithful, and wants the best for me.
7. The massive amounts of food in my belly. I've eaten probably 5 meals today and that's probably enough to feed a whole village in Africa.
8. A working driving vehicle that gets me to college and home and work and back again. There's a realllllllly long story that goes along with this....you'll probably read about it on my blog later this week.
9. My health. I've had bronchitis for 5 weeks and I'm finally feeling better. Even if I wasn't feeling better, I'd still be thankful for fresh air to breathe and clean water to drink.
10. My college friends who provide me with massive amounts of caffeine, assist as "study-buddies", and take care of me when I'm sick and my mother is out of state. Oh and they convince me to watch Glee and eat Chinese food....
11. Going to college. Not everybody has the opportunity to move away, get the 'whole college experience', expand their education, or let alone do fun art as a living!
12. For you. Yes you. Each and every one of you that read my blog. It's so encouraging and motivating to see a new comment on my blog! Or to have someone come up to me and say "I love you blog! Keep it up!" You have no idea how inspiring it is to me, and how much it helps me grow as an artist and as a person....I am very thankful for my blog readers.
And I'm most thankful for my everlasting salvation. That is truly the greatest. Feeling that soft tingle of peace. Knowing that no matter how messed up this world is...there is and will be that eternal home for me. That's what I'm most thankful for.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Peace!