Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!!!

I have been looking forward to posting this recipe and pictures ALLLLLL week!! 

Ok, so I don't really know what to call this thingy that I made. It's kinda like a cake, but kinda like a trifle. So I'm not exactly what to call it! In fact, maybe YOU could figure out a creative title for this recipe??? I could really use help, because the ONLY name I could think of is 'Heaven in a Bowl'....probably because all it's all I could think of while eating it! But like I said, I could use some help!

WHAT YOU NEED: 
-Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Devil's Food Cake Mix)
-1 pkg of 8oz cream cheese
-1/4 cup sugar
-3 cups of heavy whipping cream
-2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet chips)
-1 can of pie filling (I used raspberry, but cherry would work good too!) 

STEPS IN ORDER:
-Follow directions on cake mix box, and bake it in a normal sheet cake pan.
-While cake is baking, make the whipped cream: Beat 8oz cream cheese till smooth, add 1/4 cup sugar, then pour in 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Whip till fluffy.
-To Make Chocolate Gnache On stove: Heat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream till steaming, then take off of heat, and immediately add 2 cups of chocolate chips. Let chocolate chips sit in hot cream for 1 min. Then stir till creamy.  

LAYERING PROCESS:
When your cake is baked, and your whipping cream is whipped, and your chocolate gnache is warm and ready, then start layering!!!

-Cut the cake into pieces, then crumble in bottom of large glass bowl, then drizzle the chocolate gnache over the top of the cake, and then spoon out some pie filling, then smear a layer of the whipped cream cheese. 

-Keep repeating the layering process of those four things in the bowl until you run out of stuff, or until the bowl over flows.....whichever comes first.  

Below is me crumbling the cake in the bowl. 

ALLLLL DONE!!!! We had lots of chocolate gnache left over, so it tasted EXTRA good!!! 

Seriously, you MUST try this!!! It only took about 30 minutes, and it tasted SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! In fact this is the VERY reason training for a 5k marathon race has been so hard this week!!! And please Please PLEASE if you can think of a name for this stuff, I'd appreciate EACH and EVERY idea!!!! 

(I need a name for it because I'd like to put this recipe in my cookbook that I intend to be writing in the next few years.)

So, if you have any ideas, please comment! Or if you try making this, please comment and let me know what you thought about it! I'd love to hear feedback! 


Peace Out!  
   

2 comments:

  1. I've neither come up with an idea nor have tried it but I wanted to comment to tell you that it looks SO delicious - I skipped dinner tonight and now all I can think of this awesome dessert (sigh!). YUM YUM YUM! I vote to call it "Yumtastic Trifle". No I think it should be play on the title of your blog "When 2 Desserts Collide" (cake & trifle)or for short "Dessert Collision".
    You're going to do GREAT at the 5K!!! Can't wait wait to meet you - good luck, see you at the finish line (unless you see me beforehand than you should definitely give me a shout out!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Death by Chocolate"?

    ReplyDelete