Friday, June 24, 2011

Being a Nanny...

Being a nanny is one of my favorite things about myself. Sometimes people ask 'What exactly do you do as a nanny?' Here are a FEW of the things that I do almost daily....

I change diapers. I wipe slobbery mouths. I feed a baby. I cook pancakes. I braid hair. I watch Disney Princess movies. I push a stroller and pull a wagon (at the same time). I bake cupcakes. I paint their fingernails. I give back scratches. I give them baths. I build forts. I give piggyback rides. I fill their sippy cups with chocolate milk. I play dress up. I make sock puppets. I kiss boo-boos. I get spit up on. I get sneezed on in the face. I get peed on. I get sat on. Oh, I also get puked on. 

Also, I get to hear someone say "You're my best friend". I get to hear someone tell me that my completely flopped cupcakes and frosting were delicious! I get to hear someone whisper "I love you" as they close their eyes fall asleep for nap time. As I walk out the door to leave I hear a little 2 year old running after me screaming "HUG! HUG! HUG!" Because she wants a hug from me before I leave. 

It's seriously the best. I get free food. I get to wear whatever I want. I get plenty of exercise carrying a baby around on my hip, giving piggy back rides, and pushing them on the swings and merry-go-rounds! I get lots of hugs and kisses from the cutest blonde-haired blue-eyed girls I've ever met. Like I said....it's the best. I mean, ya being puked, sneezed, and spit up on isn't exactly the best....but it's so worth it. :) 

Would you like to meet these girls??? :)

This is Caelan. She is 4 yrs old and is quite the sweetheart. She is very into picking out her own clothes in the morning!! It's so fun to see her come down the stairs because she always picks out the most hilarious outfits!! She is also convinced that I am going to attend pre-school with her next year. And when I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up, she says that she's going to live with Mom and Dad for the rest of her life! :)

Next is Portia. She is about the funniest 2 yr old you will meet!! She talks A LOT and REALLY FAST and about 95% of it, I can't understand!! And she loves to 'help' me cook breakfast in the morning. Her 'helping' means that she sticks her finger in the yogurt and eggs as I'm trying to cook! She seems to need/want security in everything she does. She wants to hold my hand as she walks up the stairs and wants me to go down the park slides with her! It's nice to know that I'm needed!   

This is Caelan and Emma (8 months). Emma is the easiest baby I have ever taken care of. She is so content just watching her sisters, which are quite the entertainment! If I put her in her bouncy chair she'll be happily playing there for at least an hour! Which is nice when I have 2 other kids to be watching!

I TOLD YOU WE HAVE TEA PARTIES EVERYDAY!!! 
Seriously, we have tea parties like ALLLLL the time!!! I love it just as much as the girls do!! Here we ran out of our 'tea'....which was actually blue kool-aid that time!! :) 
   
Today I got the day off and I already miss the girls from just seeing them yesterday!!! Last summer, it was so hard to leave the babies that I nannied for. And I can't imagine leaving these girls. I think I just attached to kids WAYYY to easily!!! 

Peace! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks very fun and rewarding. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the best nanny ever!!!! I can tell the you have fun with the girls!
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete