Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 4: Recent Impact

Day #4: Blog about what has had a huge impact on your life recently. 

This past year has been full of changes for me. And with change comes impact. One of the most positive and favorite changes would be the job I had last summer (does last summer even count as 'recent'?; and that was a HUGE impact on my life. You probably have seen the photos on the left sidebar of my blog...yep! I was a nanny for twins and triplets! Mostly the triplets...they were my priority. Being a nanny for the twins were just whip cream and chocolate on top of the chocolate brownies!

You know how everyone says how their baby is just the most precious and special thing in the world, and blah blah blah. I never though I'd ever experience that feeling until I had a child of my own...I was so wrong!!! These babies are so precious and are so special to me! It took a little time, but soon enough they started to recognize me, respond to me, and attach to me. Which made feeding them in the middle of the night much easier for me and the precious sleep that I did not get. 

Here are a few pictures I had on my phone (which explains why they are blurry) that I would like to share with you! 

Below is me holding Walker. It's pretty difficult to hold a wiggling infant in one hand, while taking a picture of yourself with the other hand, but I managed. In fact I became an excellent multi-tasker! I once was holding and rocking a baby, while flipping pancakes, and at the same time I was trying to convince the twins to go make their beds before breakfast. Did I mention that the phone was ringing?

Below is Quentin. It's hard to actually call this "work", or to say "I'm going to work". This is more like playing house or something like that! The photo below...that's not work, that's pure love, fun, love, squishiness, love, rocking, love, and cuddling.....not a bit of work involved.

This photo was taken at 1:30am and Jane was screaming and wouldn't drink her bottle. That was a looonnngggggg night. I'd give almost anything to have another night with those babies. 

This photo (below) was taken on a day when I was 'working' from 9pm till 2pm the next day. Running on only 4 hours of sleep, Walker and I cuddled up in the living room chair for a quick nap before lunch! 
Having an infant curled up in your lap+clinging to your chest=best nap ever

Last summer I became so good at plowing through life while living off of a few hours of sleep every night for five nights a week, and it hardly ever bothered me. Being in college, that would usually be a convenient talent to posses. But I just can't do it anymore. I just HAVE to get at least 7+ hours of sleep a night or else I just can't function. I don't know how I ever did it! I must be getting old.   

This is the first time I held one of the babies. I fed him (Quentin) his bottle, burped him, and then he fell asleep in my arms. I remember crying my eyes out....shedding a few tears just by holding him. The moment he was set in my arms I had no intention of letting him go.  

You have no idea how much of a blessing this summer job was, and what a miracle it was that I even landed the job in the first place! If you couldn't tell, I love these babies! I'm sure you did, considering I could write about them and talk about them for hours! 

Because of these babies I have become a much more patient woman. I have learned what unconditional love is. I have felt what it's like to be needed, wanted, and loved by three souls that can't even talk yet. Because of these babies I have literately felt my heart melt. Ok, I just gave myself goosebumps. 


Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!...'soon' is also known as....TOMORROW! :)
   Peace 

1 comment:

  1. AWWW they are so adorable! i felt my heart melting just looking at their pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete