Friday, December 17, 2010

Kitchen Time with Mum: Volume 2

Hello Sam Sparks! I'm AMERICA! (name that movie!)

Just kidding, I'm Bethany. Welcome to my 'Kitchen Time with Mum'! 
To see volume 1, click HERE!

To start your morning right, please try the one and only 'Spectacular Sunrise Eggs'!

To start, you need some ramekins. But since we don't have any ramekins, we settled with coffee cups, and glass bowls. Just use anything that is oven safe! 

Use butter to grease the insides of the "ramekins". 

Oh dear, check out that 6:00am hair!  

 Place ham into the bottom of the "ramekins", but since we ran out of ham, we had to use cold turkey. 

 Next, add some onions, salsa, or tomato slices....whatever floats your boat. 



 Next, add an egg to each ramekin and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


 Next, add a handful of shredded cheese. We used cheddar, but feel free to to Cotija or Goat Cheese, or Monterey Jack.

Add some bacon bits if you'd like.


Now they are ready to go!

Heat your oven up to 500 degrees, and broil for 2-4 minutes.

Woah, I've never seen the inside of the oven from this angle before! 

This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman, who updates her blog daily. She blogs about her life being married to a cattle rancher, and has different categories of photography, cooking, and crafts

PLEASE check out her blog. I'm begging you! It has been a huge inspiration to me, my blog, and my strange random cooking habits. 



My mum bought her cookbook 'The Pioneer Woman Cooks', which is full of ranch-inspired recipes which have apparently been taste-tested by cowboys.

Hey, look! They're done! 


 Mine got a little burnt, because I didn't cover the turkey with the egg. Oops. But on a scale of 1 to 10, these things were like an 8.5! Very yummy in my opinion, but could have used a little more cheese! You can never ever EVER have too much cheese on anything!

Thank you for crashing into the world of an amazing breakfast cook. 

Ha! Me? An amazing cook? Nevahhh!!!!  



Peace.

1 comment:

  1. So apparently some people DO read my blog because in church yesterday, a man whom I barley know walks up to me and says "Thanks for breakfast this morning!" I was soooo confused! He then explained that his family tried this breakfast recipe that very morning! Thank you for reading my blog, and trusting me enough to try out a new recipe!

    Oh, and for those who text me or talked to me in person...yes, the movie quote is from 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'!

    ReplyDelete