Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rubber Gloves

Every week in my photography class we are given an assignment. Sometimes a technique; such as capturing movement or depth. Sometimes a theme; such as reflections. But last week the assignment was rubber gloves.  
I came up with a few ideas, but I assumed that most other people would have those same ideas because they were pretty general, such as blowing the glove up with air. I just couldn't think of anything that involved incorporating the rubber gloves. It was just me, the gloves, and my camera...in my dorm room. So I used the most convenient thing around...my face. Plus the self-timer setting on my camera and this what I came up with.


I love being an art major. Pictures like this are accepted as perfectly 'normal' in any of my art classes and by any art major you ask. 
  

Please understand that I was very bored. 

For some reason I really like this one. Maybe because my face isn't showing. 

I really like rubber gloves now. At first I was like...'uh, what am I supposed to do with this?' But now I could entertain myself for a few good hours with a pair of rubber gloves. So, if you are ever bored someday...pull out some gloves and see how many dumb pictures you can take of yourself with the gloves. 

Thanks for crashing into the world of art majors who take pictures of themselves with rubber gloves on.

3 comments:

  1. lol oh bethany i love this! it is so you! the pictures are so funny and amazing. my favorites being the second and third one. you did sooo great on your project! :D love you. hope to see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks autumn! yes, i did do very well on my project. my teacher loved the uniqueness of my pictures compared to the other students! :) thanks for your comments girls!

    ReplyDelete