Friday, July 8, 2011

Faceless Friday

I love feeling like a true farm gal. 


I feel like a true farm gal when realize that the piece of pork that I ate last night was born, raised, slaughtered, and grilled on our farm.

I feel like a true farm gal when I'm getting ready to go somewhere and I realize that the sweatshirt that I'm wearing has straw and hay in the pockets from the last time I went to the barn. 

I feel like a true farm gal when it's common to see a pig walking around the backyard with our dog. 

I feel like a true farm gal when I realize that my closest neighbor is at least a quarter mile down the road.  

I feel like a true farm gal when I don't go a day of getting some sort of bruise or scrape from a gate or fence. 

I feel like a true farm gal when my college friends ask me about the "pink piggies that live on my farm, wallow in mud, and eat garbage".....umm pigs are not 'piggies' and no they are not pink, and no they don't live in a mud pit and eat banana peels. That's only in the movies and books. 

I feel like a true farm gal when I have to go out the the barn and gather eggs if I want breakfast. 

I feel like a true farm gal when I get home from a 10hr work day, immediately put on my boots and go out to the barn to help my dad unload 80+ bales of hay. Which is why I am a mess in these pictures!  


Peace Out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment