Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Cookie Monster

I'm a huge fan of cookies! I absolutely love cookies! Why? They are super easy to make, and there are hundreds of recipes out there! And what's wrong with making up your own recipe? 

I started out with a classic Chocolate Chip recipe: 1 cup butter and 1 cup shortening whipped together. 2 cups brown sugar and 1 cup sugar beat in. Then add 4 eggs (add them one at a time). Add 1 tsp of vanilla. Then mix together 5 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Slowly beat in the dry mixture. Then by hand, stir in 12 oz of chocolate chips.  

I accidentally spilled sugar all over the counter top! Oops! 

When I was adding the dry ingredients to the mixer I spilled some flour...oops again! 


Then I looked down to see that it had spilled all over my pant leg, the kitchen drawers, and the floor! 

Instead of just chocolate chip cookies, I decided to raid the kitchen to see what other kinds of goodies I could find to add to the cookie dough!   

Instead of just adding chocolate chips, I added butterscotch chips, mini m&m's, crushed pretzels, and I was gonna add white chocolate chips, but my mum needed them for another cooking project, so I had to leave them out.  This dough is a little dry...I probably should not have added all 5 cups of flour! Oops. 

When I was hand stirring in the pretzels, my hand slipped and I threw pretzel pieces EVERYWHERE! In fact about 4 days after I made these cookies my dad walks into the kitchen, bends down, picks up a pretzel and says, "What's this doing here?"  

I told you they went everywhere! 

After cleaning up all my messes and eating half the bowl of cookie dough...I finally got around to pre-heating the oven to 375 and popping these in the oven for 10 to 11 minutes. 

I seriously think that I may be related to the Cookie Monster. Speaking of the Cookie Monster...did you know that the voice of Cookie Monster is the same voice as Yoda on Star Wars? When I found out, my mind was blown! 

Even though they ended up looking really lumpy, thick, and very oddly shaped, they still tasted REALLY good! 

MmMMMMmMMmMmmmMmmmmmmmm 

Peace Out! 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh my mouth is watering!!!!!!! Girl - those look so good. And I love that we make cookies the exact same way . . . a little flour for the bowl, a little for the counter, a little for the pants, and some for the floor just for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE LOOK AMAZING!! The pretzels sound like a great add-in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh bethany. YUM!!!! i am headed to kitchen asap to make this tasty little treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!! so glad we'll both be around this summer so you can make me some! :) and it's amazing how many of your ingredients ended up everywhere. lol love it!!

    ReplyDelete